Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dia:Beacon Visit

My favorite thing that we saw at Dia Beacon was the room that was filled with Andy Warhols “Shadow”. Andy Warhol was born in Pittsburg in 1928. This piece is a random shape placed on a backround but somehow still striking and interesting. I have always like Warhol’s work because of the color and repetition. I liked the way that it was displayed in the museum because it took up the entire room and surrounded me. I am always amazed by his ability to take one shape and present it so many different ways. His use of color and contrast creates extremely interesting compositions. This piece was made in 1979 and there is a set of 80 of them total in all different colors but they are all the same size on canvas. Warhol did many of these types of pieces.

No comments: