Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Parable of the Garden


I am still undecided about the exhibit on the first floor of Holman. I have visited it a few times and while i can appreciate the work, nothing really spoke to me personally. I have to admit that i was shocked to see the abundance of media based art that was created in these regions of the world. I don't know why but i had just assumed that although those countries had the technology to make works like these, no one would be inclined to use it. It was re assuring to see that art is made all over the world and in all different mediums. I like the idea of the exhibit and grouping work by a common theme and i feel that the piece entitled "Happy Meal" was very effective. I like the simplicity of the piece and the subject matter. I like how the piece comments on many things at once. I was interested to learn about the artist during the presentation and how his pieces normally comment on the relationships between cultures. The little girls face and content while she is eating and that is what makes the piece I think.

No comments: